Monday, June 29, 2009

More Real Estate Ramblings

Well, it's been 29 days. I'm sorry I didn't give more details throughout the month. Sharing my knowledge of homebuying might have helped someone else. Not becasue I know so much, but because I understand so little, and can break it down for anyone as equally ignorant as myself.

Long story short; we bought a house! We will sign papers and get keys at 3 pm! I'd post a picture, but I don't have one (my sister "stole" my camera!).

Fave things: gorgeous YELLOW kitchen (no painting required with lotsa cabinets and a center island (for parties!), covered patio and back deck (needs to be cleaned and resealed, but that's a small price to pay for all the parties we'll have out there!)

There's normal stuff we like too: fireplace, 3 bedrooms, walk-in closets, 2-car garage, large master bedroom, the price$$!, owing a home, not living above Ed who likes to keep his bulldog on his balcony and only hose it off once a month, having room to put things where they belong, I could go on. I'll know more when we're actually in posession.

We're extremely excited and scared. It's too late to back out, but Cyrus comapred it to getting married. Our lives are totally changing, and we're happy about it, but it's a huge change and one can't help but have some reservations.

No comments: