Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love, Update


If I was to record a year in my life, I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as interesting as this.
It helps that Liz travels to Italy, India and Indonesia; lives in an Ashram and meditates; has transcendent experiences with pasta and meditation and love. I don't always agree with what she says, but I enjoy the way she says it. More exactly, I enjoy how Richard from Texas says things....just.like.they.are!

I learned:
* Don't go searching frantically for contentment; it's not running away from me. In fact, if Isit still long enough, I just might find I have plenty with which to content myself.
*My personality was created by God for a purpose. I don't need to change my personality to serve him.
*People usually find what they search for, but it might be a good idea to know what it is before I travel to the other side of the globe. It might help if I'm honest with myself when it comes to what/whom I'm searching for.
*God isn't hiding in Italy, India, or Indonesia; we can find him in our own neighborhoods simply by doing something self-less for someone else. There are plenty of impoverished people right here in the USA.
*Don't judge; I'm inadequate, immature, selfish, indulgent, dishonest, greedy and unloveable too.
*If I think I know it all, I'm the same as this author, I'm wrong. Everyone who is on a spiritual journey is at a different place. I might be ahead of some, but I'm behind others. I can learn from those ahead of me and those behind me. I need to be patient with those who are searching, as God and my parents are patient with me. Learning takes time.
*People are selfish, self-centered, dishonest, indulgent, judgmental, impatient, conceited, greedy, immature and unlovable; love them anyway.
*[Jesus] is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through [him]. John 14:6

No comments: