Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Couch Time

I mentioned "couch time" in relationship to my summer goals on my Twitter feed (@stewardess), and Mary (@ILoveMyBirdTim) asked for more info.

There isn't much to say. In fact, I didn't even invent the idea, nor do I really know much about it. Like most things I know about I learned (read: stole) from someone else. I think Krista mentioned having couch time with her husband at a CCGNO event and I just ran with what I figured it meant.


Our couch time consists of 30 mins. to an hour spent together doing nothing. We have no distractions (computer, phone, TV) and just focus on each other. The first week we talked. The second week we solved a problem together. This'll be our third week in a row! Traditions have to start somewhere, right?

(For more info see Krista. She and her husband won "best couple" for their commitment to things like couch time. Impressive!)

Edit: Awesome article from the Love & Respect Facebook page about "face-to-face" and "shoulder-to-shoulder" time.
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150212146502849

No comments: