Friday, October 17, 2008

Twilight


I just finished chapter 8. Wow! It's starting to get good. I should eat lunch, but I don't want to get food on my book.

Here's something I like about Stephenie's style: she leaves plenty of holes and allows you to assume things. Now I may be wrong about my assumptions, but it's enjoyable to read and guess. Even if I'm wrong, I'm still enjoying the anticipation.
edit:
Because I'm a neck-up kinda girl, this is my favorite line so far: It was a colossal tribute to his face that it kept my eyes away from his body.
And it's a colossal tribute to my love for my husband that I picture him when I read the name Edward.
However, I don't think any actor is going to live up to the image most female readers have in mind when they read Edward.
edit:
Chapter 12. Every time she describes how handsome Edward is (she just used the word angel) I'm reminded of how appealing satan is. Then I think, maybe I shouldn't be trusting Edward. Maybe he's just lulling her into a false sense of security... Maybe my initial label of Jerk still stands?

No comments: