Monday, February 16, 2009

Stolen Funny, but I Gave Her Credit

Last night, before bed but after the Ambien kicked in, I thought about what Presidents Day might be like for Barack Obama. Is it like a birthday? Will he get presents? And I wonder if all his friends are blowing up his BlackBerry today being all, "Happy YOUR Day!" (If I had his number I'd totally call.)
I hope someone had the forethought to bake him something; this seems like the kind of day that would merit a lovely cake.
If I were him, I'd probably spend the day somewhere crowded like Times Square or the Las Vegas strip, and I'd drape myself in an American flag and a stovepipe hat and I'd swill a footlong margarita, demanding all passersby, "Kiss me! It's MY day!"
Then again, that's probably why I'm not President.

~Jen Lancaster author Pretty in Plaid, Bitter is the New Black, Such a Pretty Fat, etc...

No comments: