Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saving Money; Earning Money

Cubicle and I have been carpooling to work to save gas. It's great. We talk, crack jokes, listen to the radio. Our a.m. radio station has been doing quiz contests and giving away $50 gas cards. We need to get on their calling lists, becasue we've known most of the answers. Do you? Here are last week's questions, from (in my opinion) easiest to hardest. Of course, like I tell my students, they're all easy if you know the answer! No cheating by Googling the answers (even though it's turning 10).

1. What is the capitol of Australia?

2. Who is the wealthiest member of the U.S. Congress (House and Senate)?

3. 1 in 9 high school boys do this at least 3 times a week for money.

4. After the microwave, what is the number 1 most useful kitchen innovation?

5. According to a survey conducted by the Library of Congress in 1991 the Bible was the most influential book in America. What was the second?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Sydney.
2. John Kerry. But that's all because of his wife.
3. Fix cars?
4. Toaster. I'm guessing here.
5. Uncle Tom's Cabin. Educated guess.

Lady Arden said...

1. CANBERRA (Hahahaa! No one ever knows that one.)
2. No idea.. but they all have enough money they should quit voting to give themselves raises. Senator Hillary Clinton?
3. Take out the trash
4. I'm guessing an oven isn't a kitchen innovation? Dishwasher.
5. Ooh, another one I know: Atlas Shrugged!

You could add a clue to number 6: Who is John Galt?

stewardess said...

I dunno.
Who IS John Galt?

stewardess said...

Let's see, between the two of you, you got 3 right, for a total of $150 worth of free gas! Congrats! Cubicle and I got 3 right between us too. I didn't even have time to THINK about #5 before a caller got it right.

#3 is play poker.
#4 was frost free fridge.