Thursday, June 10, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love, One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia.


The book club is reading this book currently. It provides some great discussion.
The idea that resonated with me (besides all the pasta, pizza and bread!) during the EAT/Italy portion of this book was the idea of each city having a WORD. According to a resident, Rome's word is SEX. Even with the Vatican right in the middle! (The Vatican's word is POWER). Liz says New York's word is ACHIEVE, while Los Angeles's word is ACHIEVE (both verbs - I guess we American's can't sit still). A friend from Stockholm says that city's word is CONFORM. I don't know the word fro my city (unless it's CONSTRUCTION!). Of course the logical next question is, "What word describes me?" Mary says that she can think of words that describe her at different times of her life, but not one word to define her at all times. I have yet to discover my word. I have a theory, though...

No comments: