Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend Adventure

Last weekend My Fiance' and I went to Russelville, Ar to see his parents. They don't live there, but we met them 1/2way for lunch.
If you're ever in Russelville slightly after lunchtime, you should check out Stoby's. Ask somebody, they're bound to know where it is. They have sandwiches, the Stoby and Stobyburgers. The coolest part is there's a train that runs around the entire restarurant, which is itself in an old dining car. They're known for their cheese dip. I wasn't too impressed, but it wasn't bad either.
Then, just down (read: east) the same road is Vintage Books. We're talking floor to ceiling old book smell. They had an old Bible that was about 1by2by3feet. Gorgeous pictures! The store was organized by genre with a pretty nice classics section. There's a college in Russelville, and you can tell what books are required reading by what has been re-sold to Vintage Books. They had all the books I already own, but no Northanger Abbey. I touched a lot of yummy smelling books, though. They had a pretty good sci-fi section too. Actually, most used book stores do. High prices though. That's what happens when books arent' "used," but "vintage." I reastrained myself from buying anything. I admire my own self control.
I still want those shoes, though.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

heh, the Sci-fi books that I would buy at a used book store, you can't find because everybody keeps theirs. I know, because I've looked and that's what the used bookstore owner told me as well.