Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Adventure Part Deux

This weekend we're back in Arkansas, visiting the Arkansas Heart Hospital. This is one swanky place. It's brand new and the rooms are HUGE! Plenty of room for two fold-out chairs and lots of floor space for pallets (even though we don't need it). The entire extended family fits, even future daughters-in-law. I'm glad to see everyone again. It's kinda like a family reunion. I'm glad I've met them all before, or else this could be awkward. I get to show off my ring, too. I know, I know, that's selfish and self-centered, but I was asked to come for comic relief. Nobody wants to focus too much on the fact that my Future Father in Law (FFIL) will have quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow morning (or the fact that they won't let the poor guy wear any pants and he's just sitting there in one of those backless hospital numbers). So I distract them with vivid descriptions of my romantic proposal. Of course, my FFIL quips that he doesn't even remember proposing to my FMIL. Everyone gets a good laugh out of that and we all know he'll be ok.
Even though, your prayers are still appreciated.

1 comment:

stewardess said...

Turns out it was QUINTUPLE bypass surgery. Ouch!