Sunday, February 17, 2008

No Gifts, Please

Do you Registrant and Co-registrant,
take BedBath&Yonder^
to be your bridal registry,
to browse and to scan,
in bed and in bath,
in cutlery and fine china,
for sheets or for towels,
for pots or for pans,
both in-store and online,
as long as you both shall shop?

"We do."

We should have read the fine print. It would have warned us that Elle* would follow us around the store with a clipboard and gun^^, encouraging us to choose our future appliances, knives, bedding, cutlery, towels, shower curtains, trashcans. She had plenty of advice, but I'm a shopper who likes to mull things over** and I don't like pressure from salespeople. Right now, I have such buyers remorse that I can't sleep. And we didn't even buy anything yet. Luckily, I can log on and delete whatever I don't like tomorrow. Plus, their return policy is top-notch. We can get cash back on anything, which is ideal.

We really don't need 1/2 the stuff Elle zapped. It's not like we're 20 years old (see previous post) and have nothing but the dorm towels someone from church bought us for high school graduation (although, I do have mine and am still using it). We both live in houses and have appliaces and cookware. I'm actually worried about fitting all of the stuff we have into the teeny-tiny-money-saving apartment we're going to rent.

What we need is camping equipment. How much "yonder" will we need to go for that, Elle?

_______________________________
footnotes:

^What my Fiance' calls it

*Name changed to protect the...I'm not so sure she's innocent. Nice girl, but gimme the gun^^ and I promise, nobody gets hurt! No wonder folks end up registering for mini-muffing pans when they've never baked a day in their life.

^^I should probably mention that the "GUN" is one of those little scanner zapper thingies to record the barcode of future purchaces. She sure was slinging it like an outlaw though.

**I once stalked a pair of peep-toe pumps for 5 months, and bought them for $.50 on the dollar, mind you!

No comments: